Translate

Sunday, December 7, 2014

I am going crazy

So since my last post and most recent recipe, there was a huge flair-up. As in flair-up I'm talking about my Gastroparesis. For those of you that are not aware of this invisible illness, let me enlighten you with the basic 411 of what it means to have Gastroparesis. I'll begin by saying:
Hello everyone! My name is Carina Stringfellow and I have Gastroparesis. Just like most of you I have a stomach in which food goes into after I eat. Unfortunately my stomach muscle is not working properly. As it works for most of you, the stomach muscle contracts to allow food to be moved down to the small intestine. Well for me that process rarely occurs, due to a paralysis that currently exists in my stomach. The contraction fails and my food just hangs out in my stomach. 
Yes! my food lingers and causes me to have all these different kinds of symptoms. Symptoms vary and I can assure you that this week, I about experienced most of them, vomiting, nausea, stomach ache, fatigue, dizziness, and the feeling of pure fullness, which guaranteed some weight loss. I wasn't sure how this week would end for me because its been up and down all week, but this is where I am now. I'm feeling the need to inform all of you about my current situation and although it can be life threatening it definitely will not take over my life, due to my positive attitude and being proactive by informing myself about my options. Leading me to the reason why I  am going crazy. I went over to my mother in law's house, who just happens to have a collection of cookbooks and and wellness books. I picked up a gluten free book that seems to offer some alternatives to my diet. I brought the book home and one of the kids handed it to me and from there everything is history. Kids are no help, when you are trying to find something such as book. I think it may be the fact that my kids are 4, 3, and 1, and their attention span is about as good as, well about as good as a 4,3, and 1 year old, but they have tried. Any way I decided to read a different book, "Living (Well) with Gastroparesis" By Crystal Zaborowski Saltrelli CHC. Last  night I read the entire book and it literally was filled with so much useful information. All the information was mind blowing and I cant keep up with it, Documenting this process is going to be extremely helpful for me and for others who are going through the same experience. Now! if I can only find that darn book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment